* [9fans] Acme tabs to spaces
@ 2005-12-06 18:43 Paul Lalonde
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2005-12-06 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

So my new employer has a coding convention that tabs don't appear in
source, and that indent levels are 4 spaces.  Ick.  But in the
interest of global harmony, I'm willing to adapt.  I know I can
trivially convert the tabs to spaces at any given time, and set
$tabstops to 4 to get the right width, but I have to do the
conversion with each file I save.  Ick.
Is there some automatic tab conversion code somewhere in Acme?  Where
would be the sane place to put such a thing?   (yes, I already know
there is no sane place for such a thing...)

Paul

* Re: [9fans] Acme tabs to spaces
@ 2005-12-06 19:06 plan9
From: plan9 @ 2005-12-06 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 12/6/05, Paul Lalonde <plalonde@telus.net> wrote:
> Is there some automatic tab conversion code somewhere in Acme?  Where
> would be the sane place to put such a thing?   (yes, I already know
> there is no sane place for such a thing...)

Okay, I'll ask the obvious-- why not an en- and de-tabbing file server?