I mean, c’mon, now it practically *needs* drawterm... https://www.instagram.com/p/B-OctqFhNnB/?igshid=rmqsml1hwqck > On Mar 25, 2020, at 10:53, Skip Tavakkolian wrote: > >  > > rummaging around /mnt/term when using drawterm might be enlightening. > >> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 4:20 AM Kim Lassila wrote: >> >> >>> On Mar 25, 2020, at 8:19 AM, Anthony Sorace wrote: >>> >>> With iOS getting first-class mouse pointer support, I’m looking at the iOS drawterm port again. Has anyone touched this since the old GSoC project bit rotted out? >> >> Drawterm is quite slow at reading and writing pixels on the screen. I learned this when I started recording screen in Plan 9 (https://github.com/9d0/screencast). >> >> Instead of porting drawterm to different platforms I would like to see vncs improved to support the latest version of the Remote Framebuffer Protocol (RFC 6143). This would allow a standard VNC client to connect to a Plan 9 terminal, support screen resizing, local mouse cursor, and deliver all key strokes and mouse chords accurately. VNC is optimized to work over a large variety of different networks including high latency links and it will therefore offer a better user experience than drawterm, especially over wireless. >> >> Kim >> > > 9fans / 9fans / see discussions + participants + delivery options Permalink