* [9fans] aha! that pesky OSX gui failure case
@ 2008-11-05  0:30 Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2008-11-05  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

At IWP9 I demonstrated a certain condition where Inferno and drawterm
would fail to start up the gui environment w/o entering a nice
spinning cursor on Leopard.

As it turns out, there is a third party application that causes this
case to rear it's ugly head:  Audio Hijack Pro (fantastic app by the
way) installs and runs a little kernel extension for 'Instant
Hijack' (allowing recording of anything coming across any audio/video
interface).  Doing a little unload:

    % sudo /usr/local/hermes/bin/hermesctl unload

helps keep the conflict away.  Alas, that means one needs to remember
to load it if you want to record anything in the future.

Even so, I'm still working on getting rid of the Carbon drawing -and-
something closer to p9p's devdraw.

-jas

* Re: [9fans] aha! that pesky OSX gui failure case
@ 2008-11-05 19:05 ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2008-11-05 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs