Lyndon said: > You can also grab /n/sources/contrib/lyndon/contribindex which > generates a pretty-printed listing of people's contrib/*/INDEX files. There's been several of these. Note that I run one to update the contrib index on the wiki more or less daily. That version includes both things from INDEX files and a listing of packages using fgb's contrib program. http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Contrib_index/index.html /n/sources/contrib/anothy/bin/rc/contrindx Lucio said: > What I believe is missing from sources is a simple mechanism to see > if something I'm already somewhat familiar with has been ported > successfully. I think the "resistance" you're encountering is really just people telling you you're mistaken. fgb's contrib (I do wish it didn't share the name with the section of sources) isn't perfect by any means, but it does an excellent job of solving the problem of "where do i find what's been ported". So do the INDEX files. Those are currently extant. I can't find any way what you're proposing would solve that better. Anthony