Folks: Unfortunately, Plan 9 was not selected to participate in this year's Summer of Code. There is an upcoming "rejected orgs" meeting where folks will have the chance to hear (very briefly) why and what can be improved, and I'll try to make that and report back (it hasn't been scheduled yet). Thanks to everyone who submitted ideas, volunteered to mentor or help find students, or worked on the wiki. I'd submit that the sorts of work we do to prepare for GSoC is worth doing anyway - making it easier for newcomers to use and contribute to the system. Keep it up! If you're an eligible student, I'd still encourage you to check out the list of accepted organizations[0]. There are 180 organizations participating this year, so you've got a good shot at finding something else interesting going on. And, of course, just because we're not in GSoC this summer doesn't mean we aren't interested in getting new contributors! Take a look at the materials we put together for GSoC[1], get in touch, and help out. Thanks again, Anthony [0] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2012 [1] http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/GSoC/index.html