On Jan 26, 2015, at 4:33 PM, arisawa wrote: > many of resource exhaustion come from careless programming. > I would like such processes to be killed immediately. > throwing up to broken state might be better. > I prefer an option to plan9.ini that enable resrcwait(), because the call breaks > traditional programming style and probably we need more time to have > right solution. Not plan9.ini, as that's intel specific. But perhaps a global runtime switch to turn this on and off (something under /dev/cpu*?), and a corresponding switch in the /proc/*/ctl interface that would let individual processes say what's best for them?