Folks: As of Friday, the GSoC application is in, and as of today, Google's considering who gets the slots. As in years past, an important part of this consideration is the organizations "ideas page". I've created one[0] on our wiki specifically for this year and pre-populated it with ones drawn from last year that seem still relevant or undone (to the best of my knowledge). I also made the rating system a bit more granular and took a stab at updating the difficulty. It would be good if folks could look this over and make any changes to ideas they know about. It would be even better if folks could add ideas (with suitable descriptions) to the list. My experience in listening in on "rejection meetings" is that among projects with otherwise sound applications, the ideas list is the strongest differentiator. Anthony [0] http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/gsoc-2012-ideas/index.html