From: "Nigel Roles" <nigel@9fs.org>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: RE: [9fans] SCSI or IDE?
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 08:59:51 +0100	[thread overview]

How long did it take to copy the old dump filesystem into venti?
I know venti will reduce the data nicely, but I have about 1000
dumps, and this mornings holds 2.8Gb (the first ever is 170Mb).
A rough guesstimate is that I have to send Venti about 1.5Tb.

I'd assumed that copying the dump into Venti would have taken
way too long.

What is the typical throughput to a Venti server when writing?
Presumably the hash computation dominates?