* [9fans] Re: Input devices
       [not found] <20010426160203.B1B9519A36@mail.cse.psu.edu>
@ 2001-05-01 18:50 ` kazumi iwane
From: kazumi iwane @ 2001-05-01 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:24:00 -0400
> From: presotto@plan9.bell-labs.com
> On another, or perhaps the same, front, anyone have a nice cursive
> writing recognition tool that they'ld like to donate to the world?
> The handwriting recognition under Wince on the bitsy is so much
> nicer than the Grafitti and sim keyboard that we're using in Plan 9
> and Linux.  I'm infinitely jealous.

Have you looked at POBox? It is not a handwriting recognition tool,
but it claims to reduce your typing (or scribbling) by anticipating what
will come next. So if you type "c", it will present you with candidates
such as "cpu ", "cat ", etc., depending on your dictionary (and your
training of it).

http://www.csl.sony.co.jp/person/masui/OpenPOBox/implementations/unixsrc.tar
.gz

is the source for unix platform, and a dictionary (for Japanese input) is

http://www.csl.sony.co.jp/person/masui/OpenPOBox/implementations/unixdic.tar
.gz

You will need to adopt interface to graphics and input devices, though.

- kazumi

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-05-01 18:50 UTC | newest]