* Re:  [9fans] windows sam
@ 2004-01-26  0:50 Richard C Bilson
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Richard C Bilson @ 2004-01-26  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> is the source pub domain?  is there anyway to compile it
> for windoze with p9 or inferno?  i'd like it to talk ssh.

If you download the package of windows tools from the Plan 9 page
it includes a pre-compiled sam that speaks ssh.  Plus rc, 9term,
other tools, and all of the source.

I've been using it for a while now with generally good results.

* Re: [9fans] windows sam
@ 2004-01-26  1:04 ` boyd, rounin
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-01-26  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> If you download the package of windows tools from the Plan 9 page
> it includes a pre-compiled sam that speaks ssh.

cool, thanks.

* Re: [9fans] windows sam
@ 2004-01-26  3:20 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-01-26  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

got it.  it'd be nice if it gave decent, if any, error messages.

* Re: [9fans] windows sam
@ 2004-01-26 17:01 ` Micah Stetson
From: Micah Stetson @ 2004-01-26 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> If you download the package of windows tools from the Plan 9 page
> it includes a pre-compiled sam that speaks ssh.  Plus rc, 9term,
> other tools, and all of the source.
>
> I've been using it for a while now with generally good results.

For the benefit of anyone else who tries, I note that I
have never been able to make any version of sam work on
XP Home Edition, no matter what compatibility settings
I use.  XP Professional works just fine (much better than
Win 9x, anyway), but my wife's laptop remains sam
challenged.

Micah

* Re: [9fans] windows sam
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2004-01-27 18:02 ` Peter Huang
From: Peter Huang @ 2004-01-27 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

srx.exe in the collection is the ssh program (but I think it only speak
ssh1).  I copy the plink.exe to srx.exe and setup my public key credential,
then I can use sam over putty connection.

-peter huang

@ 2004-01-26  9:57 ` dot
From: dot @ 2004-01-26  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm using 9pm (from 'Additional Sources' at
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/ureg.html) which contains sources
and has a sam/9term/rc when I'm stuck on 'blows, the sam.exe in netlib
claims it already talks ssh but I never tried it..

boyd@insultant.net (boyd, rounin) wrote in message news:<06db01c3e2fc$8caed590$67844051@SOMA>...
> is the source pub domain?  is there anyway to compile it
> for windoze with p9 or inferno?  i'd like it to talk ssh.

* [9fans] windows sam
@ 2004-01-25  4:34 boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-01-25  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans