* [9fans] I have PDP8E's
@ 2000-11-10 17:09 William_Ericson
From: William_Ericson @ 2000-11-10 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

---------------------- Forwarded by William Ericson/Tivoli Systems on
11/10/2000 11:09 AM ---------------------------

William Ericson
11/10/2000 11:06 AM

To:   johnb@teachers.org
cc:
Subject:  I have PDP8E's

I have an extensive collection of DIgital Equipment machines - including
two PDP8E's, and manuals and software and many such things.
Feel free to write me to discuss your interests....my machines could be
possibly be available.

FYI - I worked at Digital for 20 years (badge 42305)  - in the groups that
designed the PDP8E and LSI-11.

 I also was #945 at Data General - started by Edson DeCastro who designed
some of the earlier PDP'8's at Digital before starting Data General.

At Digital - John Clark was the manager of the PDP group and John Kirk -
was one of the superstar designers.
At Data General - I was in the team of 3 that designed the Eclipse - the
follow on machine to Ron Gruner's Nova 1200 at Data General.   Larry
Seligman had designed the Nova 800.

Naturally I have all of the schematics, manuals, books etc and am very
skilled at fixing PDP8 machines.   All this was done in the old Mill
building in Maynard Mass in  ML1-2 (building 1 floor 2).

The PDP 8 may be one of the last machines that was truely easy for one
person to understand completely - to the last bit.
It is easy to design IO boards for it.      The evolution to Data Generals
Nova was just an incremental step - but familiarity with the logic design
would show you what an elegant evolution it was - with everything on one
card instead of the PDP8E big chassis and 3 board CPU.

At Digital - I was a logic designer in for the LSI-11, for the PDP
terminals, for the VT100 video terminal and was a software engineer on  the
X Windowing terminals.

Tell me about your desire to acquire PDP8E's.

I am also   williambericson@yahoo.com

 William B. Ericson
Tivoli Certification                          Tel.:          512-436-1274
Office 17005   Plaza One  7th Floor                Pager:
888-758-4969
Tivoli Systems Inc.                      Pager Email:   7584969@skytel.com
9442 Capital of Texas Hwy N
Austin, TX  78759