From: Tim Newsham <newsham@lava.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] sparc64 -- unstable
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:22:56 -1000	[thread overview]

Hi, I put up a copy of my sources for the ultrasparc for anyone
adventurous enough to try it out.  The sources are at /n/sources/newsham
along with a short note on how to run it.

  - The code base is still unstable, but working.
    Dont expect to get much real work done on it yet.
  - My system is an ultra2, but the code should (fingers
    crossed) work on other ultrasparc based machines with
    SBUS.
  - You will need a working plan9 system to build the
    sources and netboot your machine.

I'm interested in feedback.  In particular, flaws with the instructions,
which platforms it worked on and which platforms it didn't work on that it
should have worked on.  I'm also interested in feedback on the code --
where I've done things suboptimally, where I've deviated from plan9 norms,
suggestions, etc.  Feel free to be very critical.  Also any contributions
to the code are welcome.

Tim N.