From: sah@linux.borf.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] fileserver problems
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:02:59 -0400	[thread overview]

Hello,

I am trying to bring up my fileserver and am having trouble.  I'm
running it with 2 18GB scsi disks (using the aha1542).  I intend for one
to be the filesystem, and the other to be the pseudo-worm.

First, what I've done:

1. Boot up the fileserver from floppy using 9pcfs
2. At config:, I type the following
    service <mysystemname>
    config w0
    filsys main cw0fw1
    filsys dump o
    ream main
    ip ... (all ip info follows)
    end
3. It boots up the first time fine. I then issue these commands in order
to set up the filesystem so I can 9fs into it:
    users default
    create /adm adm adm 755 d
    create /adm/users adm adm 755
    create /usr adm adm 755 d
    newuser glenda
4. Now, from the standalone I have up, I issue 9fs to mount the
filesystem, and I initialize it from the plan9.9gz release.
5. Now I set up the authid using the passwd command.
5. I issue a dump to write it all to the worm, sync, and halt.

When I boot up next time (skipping config mode), the kernel panics with
the following:

  tag =2/1; expected 7 -- flushed
  stack trace of 1
  <dump here>
  panic: cwinit: checktag c bucket
  cpu 0 exiting

I've been through the code for the fileserver many times, but I can't seem
to figure out why this is happening.  Any ideas would be really
appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam