From: Christian Smith <csmith@micromuse.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Plan9 in VMware?
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:13:17 +0000	[thread overview]

Grr, all plan9 needs is a VESA 2.0 video driver. I know someone has talked
about doing this (can't remember the reference,) and I intend to have a go
myself once I've got plan9 up and running. Then we can dump all this
reliance on bios signatures etc.

I have to say, the way plan9 handles this stuff is surprisingly archaic!

Christian (frustrated at not being able to use dumb frame buffers!)

--
    /"\
    / \