* [9fans] standalone auth/cpu server
@ 2001-06-06 14:04 Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2001-06-06 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The server has a small hardsik (1.6G) and I want to add a larger
disk. Is there a way to just add the disk and kfs will use it OR
the installation has to be redone using the larger disk?

- ishwar

* Re: [9fans] standalone auth/cpu server
@ 2001-06-06 14:52 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2001-06-06 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

/sys/src/cmd/disk/kfs provides devmulti.c and the mkfile there can build 8.gfs
which seems to provide concatenated drives, but i don't know what shape it's in.
you'd need to save and restore your existing file system to use it.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1622 bytes --]

To: cse.psu.edu!9fans
Subject: Re: [9fans] standalone auth/cpu server
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:18:55 -0400

you can add the disk and run a seperate instance of kfs serving it. for
example, putting something like this in your cpurc:
	disk/kfs -n alt -f /dev/sd02
will give you kfs on the disk at SCSI ID 2. to the best of my knowledge,
there's no way to make kfs concatenate the disks. the file server can,
but i think that involves re-building your file system.
-.

* Re: [9fans] standalone auth/cpu server
@ 2001-06-06 14:18 anothy