From: Jim Choate <ravage@einstein.ssz.com>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] Q: Using Plan 9 documentation in talks?
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 07:40:37 -0600	[thread overview]

Hi,

I've been asked to give a short (ie 1 hour) talk on Plan 9 to the Austin
Robot Group in Feb. As a result I am starting to put a presentation
together and was wondering what the limitations were regarding using
diagrams and pieces of text in such a talk. An example is that I intend
to use 'Diagram 1' from "Plan 9 from Bell Labs" early in the talk.

What sort of notice is required? Would a single statement at the beginning
stating that pieces of the presentation are from the Plan 9 source
material be sufficient or do I need to have a tag on each such snippet?
Are there any examples of other presentations that might be available for
reference?

If we can get the hardware resources pulled together I intend to create a
demo network consisting of the following:

	I/O-Auth
	I/O
	2 Process
	Filesystem

We may drop this due to the necessary effort, the site doesn't have
Internet access so we can't use the existing Hangar 18 network
unfortunately.

If anyone else has done anything remotely like this I'd appreciate hearing
about your experience (ie things to watch out for or focus on). If I could
gain access to your presentation material it would be greatly appreciated.
I'd be happy to give credit where it is due.

Thanks.

    We don't see things as they are,                      ravage@ssz.com
    we see them as we are.                                   www.ssz.com
                                                  jchoate@open-forge.org