From: andrey mirtchovski <mirtchov@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Sorry, i'm a novice
Date: Wed,  7 May 2003 08:32:08 -0600	[thread overview]

I do the same thing -- I boot a vmware cpu/auth/kfs server under host-only
network, then on the same machine I forward tcp ports 567 and 17013 to the
ip address of the vmware image and give accounts to my friends to play
around with. The speed is quite reasonable and the machine (a 2ghz PIII)
rarely feels bogged down (stupid stock redhat kernel renices vmware to -10,
so my music stops playing whenever I compile anything, but I switch it back
to 0)...

I also never use the vmware window -- I don't like how it handles the mouse
-- so I just start drawterm, even if I'm on the same machine...

Never had problems with the network in vmware...

andrey