From: andrey mirtchovski <mirtchov@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] no rio ?
Date: Sun,  6 Jul 2003 17:04:05 -0600	[thread overview]

for starters you may want to boot from the cd and copy the bootdisk from it
onto the 9fat partition; edit plan9.ini there to boot from sdC0!9fat!9pcdisk
and you'll have vga running. at least you won't have to use 'ed' to edit
files :)

the things to check are vgadb (did/vid pair for the video card should be
there -- use the 'pci' command to see the did/vid pair that your hardware
thinks it has), make sure your vga card type is defined in the configuration
file for the kernel -- compile a new kernel and see if that'll work..

andrey