From: andrey mirtchovski <mirtchov@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] french keyboard
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:03:32 -0600	[thread overview]

set yourself up with a Plan 9 update account. after your accound has been
enabled (should be immediately) do:

	9fs sources

it will prompt you for the username and password you chose when signing up.

cd into /n/sources/ -- this is the where the source repository at Bell
Labs is mounted by 9fs. cd to nemo/sys/src/9/pc and you'll find files
that you can put in your /sys/src/9/pc/ to enable french keyboard mappings
(there are several others available there too). you'll need to recompile
the kernel.

after booting the new kernel you can switch between the keyboards you've
enabled by pressing the F1-F5 keys..

additional documentation could be found in the 9fans archive.

andrey