* [9fans] EPIA/linuxbios/plan9 w/o 9load: grinding along
@ 2003-10-31 22:15 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2003-10-31 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm slowly grinding my way through "epia/linuxbios/plan9" (i.e. load plan
9 with no 9load). Things I've had to do so far:
- add gdt setup to l.s
- something weird going on with coherence(). It should be set to wbflush,
  and is so set in the compile, but by the time unlock() is called the
  first time coherence() is set to something else, and I'm not sure why.
  It's hard to print the value out as I don't have print() at that point.
  but in unlock() as a stopgap I set coherence to wbflush and all is well.
- the i8250 setup is exploding, not sure why.

So it's not there but it is getting there. I really want to get to the
point of having print() -- right now my debug output is this:
	outb(0x3f8, '!');
or whatever, and then to stop the kernel (so I get all output) I have
	while(1);
at important points. Then it's just a matter of the Newtonian search for
the failing line(s).

With any luck at SC '03 this year (two weeks left! ack!) we'll have a new
little plan 9 cluster with these ituner m100 boxes -- should be fun. Hope
to see some of you there.

ron

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-31 22:15 UTC | newest]