From: ron minnich <rminnich@lanl.gov>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Re: [Etherboot-developers] __unused in arch/i386/include/hooks.h (fwd)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:21:44 -0700	[thread overview]

given the ongoing discussion of C extensions, I thought this one was a
beaut.

ron

Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 14:00:26 +0000 (GMT)
From: Michael Brown <mbrown@fensystems.co.uk>
To: Georg Baum <gbaum@users.sourceforge.net>

> Does the __unused attribute in
> void arch_main ( struct Elf_Bhdr * __unused );
> in arch/i386/include/hooks.h have any influence on the generated code?
> I ask because gcc 2.95 does not compile this. It seems that __unused is only
> allowed for function definitions and not declarations. Therefore I would
> like to remove the __unused attribute.

I added that recently in order to remove an unnecessary compiler warning.
I don't see any problem with removing it from the declaration; I assume
that having it present in the definition will serve to inhibit the
warning.

Michael