* [9fans] T21 time oddness
@ 2004-05-01 16:20 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2004-05-01 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

This question has been mentioned before and I noticed it has not gone
away.

I have a T21 running the latest kernel. At some point the screen blanks.

When I hit the eraser-head mouse button, the screen comes back, and then
I run this:

date; sleep 5; date

I find that it is running about 5x real time: sleep 5 takes one second,
and the date commands show 5 seconds apart, although one second has
passed.

Did anyone else ever resolve this? I know it came up.

ron

* Re: [9fans] T21 time oddness
@ 2004-05-01 23:26 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-05-01 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Richard Miller's change:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=78e57cf1aaa73ca03a1e3a5df2385bd8%40hamnavoe.com

works for my T23...

andrey

* Re: [9fans] T21 time oddness
@ 2004-05-02 19:47 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2004-05-02 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I have a T21 running the latest kernel.

How recently have you compiled it?  My suggested fix is on kernel sources
(/sys/src/9/pc/i8253.c), but new kernel binaries haven't been made since then.

-- Richard

* Re: [9fans] T21 time oddness
@ 2004-05-02 20:00   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2004-05-02 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sun, 2 May 2004, Richard Miller wrote:

> > I have a T21 running the latest kernel.
>
> How recently have you compiled it?  My suggested fix is on kernel sources
> (/sys/src/9/pc/i8253.c), but new kernel binaries haven't been made since then.

hmm, thought I had rebuilt recently but I'll do it again.

Ron, from the year 2006