* [9fans] links-varfot
@ 2004-05-24  4:41 Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2004-05-24  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I downloaded Links-varfont from
http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/p9/links/,
and it works very fine here, too for variable fonts.

Thank you very much Andrey!

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] links-varfot
@ 2004-05-24  9:15 ` Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2004-05-24  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I downloaded Links-varfont from
> http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/p9/links/,
> and it works very fine here, too for variable fonts.

Probably, it has some problem to measure the font width of
other fonts than English.

Try to view our page http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/,
where the lines displaying Japanese have longer line than those for Emglish.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] links-varfot
@ 2004-05-24 14:36   ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-05-24 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Kenji Okamoto wrote:

> > I downloaded Links-varfont from
> > http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/p9/links/,
> > and it works very fine here, too for variable fonts.
>
> Probably, it has some problem to measure the font width of
> other fonts than English.
>
> Try to view our page http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/,
> where the lines displaying Japanese have longer line than those for Emglish.
>
> Kenji

i'm sorry but i gave up on variable-size fonts in links some time ago
after receiving non-trivial bug reports and discovering that it's very
difficult to make links work with plan9's idea of a utf character's width
(plan9 is not to blame here at all).

nowadays url's in my profile are plumbed to aki nyrhinen's 'webpage' which
does its best to render pages reasonably well but doesn't do frames nor java
script. for things like that there's vnc :)

andrey