* [9fans] The name of filesystem test tool
@ 2004-06-12  1:51 YAMANASHI Takeshi
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2004-06-12  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I remember that someone mentioned about a filesystem
integrity test tool, but I don't remember the name of the tool
nor who did.  So, could someone show me pointers, please?

My grepping 9fans-archive (since 2004-Jan) and googling did not
avail much to me.  Thank you.

* Re: [9fans] The name of filesystem test tool
@ 2004-06-12  2:12 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2004-06-12  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sat Jun 12 10:56:34 JST 2004, Russ Cox wrote:
> > I remember that someone mentioned about a filesystem
> > integrity test tool, but I don't remember the name of the tool
> > nor who did.  So, could someone show me pointers, please?
>
> which file system?

Sorry for not giving clear details and using the word `integrity'
confusingly.  I only remember that the guy used the tool to test
a filesystem he was developing.  I don't remember whether it was
on Plan 9 nor linux.

Geoff sent me a tool called fsx privately
(and two versions of it!, thank you :), and I think this would be it.

I will use the tool to test a suspected RAID box
attached to a linux host.

My many thanks to you all.
--
Sincerely,