* [9fans] mini mac
@ 2005-01-13 17:08 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2005-01-13 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

How about one of these as a terminal, and a rack
full as a grid?

http://www.apple.com/macmini/

All I need now is my faster than light spaceship
to invent the time to do the port...

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] mini mac
@ 2005-01-13 17:11 ` David Tolpin
From: David Tolpin @ 2005-01-13 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 13.01.2005, at 20:08, Steve Simon wrote:

> How about one of these as a terminal, and a rack
> full as a grid?
>
> http://www.apple.com/macmini/
>
> All I need now is my faster than light spaceship
> to invent the time to do the port...

Or just make a natively looking nicely working drawterm. Carbon
programming seems to be not as horrible as I thought it would. The only
obstacle is that I only have one day per week for this.

* Re: [9fans] mini mac
@ 2005-01-13 17:20 ` Ronald G. Minnich
From: Ronald G. Minnich @ 2005-01-13 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Steve Simon wrote:

> How about one of these as a terminal, and a rack
> full as a grid?

I don't like the local disk.

That said, they sure are cute.

ron

* Re: [9fans] mini mac
@ 2005-01-28  4:52     ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2005-01-28  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

>> for cluster building I mean. I don't do local disks. They suck.

no disk.  no fan.

--
MGRS 31U DQ 52572 12604

* RE: [9fans] mini mac
@ 2005-01-28  3:09   ` Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2005-01-28  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

--On 2005-1-13 10:59 AM -0700 "Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich@lanl.gov>
wrote:

> for cluster building I mean. I don't do local disks. They suck.
> That's my only reason. For most people, it's fine. I would probably
> never spin that  local disk up ...

I haven't looked yet ... does it handle a real net boot?

--lyndon

* RE: [9fans] mini mac
@ 2005-01-13 17:59 ` Ronald G. Minnich
From: Ronald G. Minnich @ 2005-01-13 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Benjamin Huntsman wrote:

> What's wrong with the disk?  At that price (decent for modern PPC
> hardware) you could just as easily remove it.

for cluster building I mean. I don't do local disks. They suck. That's my

@ 2005-01-13 17:54 Benjamin Huntsman
From: Benjamin Huntsman @ 2005-01-13 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs