From: andrey mirtchovski <aam396@mail.usask.ca>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] microsoft copies plan9 ideas, film at 11
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 19:23:58 -0700	[thread overview]

So, slashdot is running an article about microsoft's research ideas of the
OS of the future.. I'm reading through it and everything I see touted as
'the next thing' there I've already seen in p9 (short of process migration).

What interested me more is that there are several comments mentioning plan9
that crept up in the usually noisy shashdot fields... All of them are quite
positive.

None of the ppl that have commented there I recognize as active posters on
this list...

If you've already seen it, then sorry. If not -- here are the URLs:

/. article:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/09/21/2219209&mode=thread

MS paper:
http://research.microsoft.com/research/sn/Millennium/mgoals.html