* [9fans] microsoft copies plan9 ideas, film at 11
@ 2001-09-22  2:23 andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2001-09-22  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

So, slashdot is running an article about microsoft's research ideas of the
OS of the future.. I'm reading through it and everything I see touted as
'the next thing' there I've already seen in p9 (short of process migration).

What interested me more is that there are several comments mentioning plan9
that crept up in the usually noisy shashdot fields... All of them are quite
positive.

None of the ppl that have commented there I recognize as active posters on
this list...

If you've already seen it, then sorry. If not -- here are the URLs:

/. article:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/09/21/2219209&mode=thread

MS paper:
http://research.microsoft.com/research/sn/Millennium/mgoals.html

cheers, andrey

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-09-22  2:23 UTC | newest]