From: Richard Elberger <richelbe@richelberger.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Not using AHA-2940 .. kind of
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 08:41:43 +0000	[thread overview]

Ok, I am hoping to get some feedback on this before I try it -- gotchas
etc -- or if it will even work at all.  I already know that the AHA-2940
family is not supported by plan9 (at the moment).  I have a huge IDE disk
that I want to put plan9 on, but I have dos6.2/win2k on the scsi drive.
dos6.2 uses the first gig on the scsi, and it is has the win2k bootloader
information on it.  I want to use the win2k bootloader to run plan9 off of
the IDE.

By using the bootloader on the unsupported scsi mean that plan9 won't run?
My assumption is that it doesn't matter because after the bootloader action
plan9 never needs the scsi goo.

please advise --

-- rich