From: "adr via 9fans" <9fans@9fans.net>
To: 9fans <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Miller's 9pi image (rpi4) problems
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 19:48:41 +0000	[thread overview]

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 04:05:15PM +0100, Steve Simon wrote:
> I must appologise, though I sent a reply at the time, an out of date x509
> certificate meant the email never reached my ISP.

Hi Steve, thanks anyway.

> What I tried to say was...
>
> > I wonder if the abaco problem you are seeing is the global move to
> > stronger TLS algorithms. I have backported libcrypt from 9front which
> > was fairly straightforward - a it needed wider (but justified IMHO) changes
> > than i hoped but it was an afternoon's work.

Excuse my ignorance, but you mean libsec?

I've already done that, I'm in the process of converting my system
to 9legacy and and I'll share a diff then.

I started importing ciphers and adding functions when needed, but
soon I realized that it was silly because the code was written in
a really conservative way, I copied the entire libsec/port dir and
made only the needed changes when needed, it was easiest and fastest.

The only major changes to the api were in okThumbprint() and
initThumbprints() with an extra parameter for hash length and tag
respectively.

As I said I'll share it when it's clean, I think everybody would
benefit sharing the same code in such an evolving field, I'll put
a big patch somewhere and let the people decide.

> > I use webfs from 9front too to - cinap pretty much rewrote it and his code
> > is much cleaner (again IMHO). It needs only a couple of tiny tweeks to work.

I think I didn't have to change webfs, I can connect to almost
every site, but I still have some trouble with some of them, I want
to debug it but now I'm using some free time trying to decide my
fossil and venti partitions and settings... piece of cake...

Regards,
adr.