* [9fans] hget'ing from a cdn
@ 2022-07-08 19:51 tlaronde
From: tlaronde @ 2022-07-08 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

Pkg in kerTeX are created by processing and first retrieving files using
hget(1) for http served files.

The main TeX repository is CTAN. Now, there is an address:
mirrors.ctan.org (http/https), that is in fact redirecting dynamically
to various mirrors (this changes almost on any invocation).

There is a difference in implementation between Plan9 legacy and 9front,
hget(1) being, if I'm not mistaken, a binary in Plan9 legacy, and a rc
script in 9front.

The problem is that the redirection is not handled at least by one of
these and I have to keep a static cache on my website server to mirror
the files so that users can use the downloads.kergis.com/kertex/
(http/https) address instead to circumvent the problem.

Is there a way to make it work ideally on both flavors, so that the
pkg/recipes are indeed "live" taking whatever is current on CTAN using
whatever mirror?

TIA,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/