unobe@cpan.org once said: > I reviewed the data sheet and the scripts should > work, but does not. The above scripts can work for some Intel cards but probably not for all of them. I wrote a program fifteen years ago to adjust the brightness on an Intel MacBook from Linux. There was a bit of experimentation involved to determine register values that wouldn't cause problems. I've attached it below. Notice how I had to use a mask of 0xfffe instead of 0xffff to keep the least significant bit zero and how I had to be strict about maintaining the maximum backlight level field when reading and writing the register. I remember working through a lot of blank and flickering screens before arriving at something that worked. I'm not near a machine with an Intel card at the moment so I can't give you something that works on Plan 9 but reading this old code may give you some hints. Cheers, Anthony ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T4c4247ec1c0429f6-M13bf569fd6da2483ff3c4074 Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription