* [9fans] factotum question
@ 2009-03-10 23:01 David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2009-03-10 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Factotum is some guy in the room that, even though you have the phone, you
keep asking what to say next on the line to get authentication to happen.

Is this a bad analogy?
Factotum is available on the client side during authentication via a library
we can use to talk to it.  When we get an "afd" we basically write and read
from it asking our local factotum what to say next?
Is this where the proxying happens?  If so I think I get it... otherwise no
:-)

Dave

* [9fans] factotum question
@ 2007-09-28 10:12 Antonin Vecera
From: Antonin Vecera @ 2007-09-28 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi all,

I don't understand this:

1. On console of my auth/cpu/file server I did as user bootes: "cat
/mnt/factotum/ctl"
   And I could see some keys stored there.

2. I connect to the same server with drawterm, login as bootes and
type the same command.
   But there are no keys stored there.
Why?

Antonin