Hello everyone, Sorry for bumping this thread, but I want to remind everyone interested in the Bay Area Plan 9 user's group meeting to sign up on the wiki page ( http://9fans.pbwiki.com/Bay-Area-9fans-Meeting ). Log in with the password "factotum" and edit yourself in. No matter where we end up having the meeting, having an accurate headcount will be important for getting the best facilities available and, if necessary, handling matters of security. It would be a shame for anyone to make it out to Mountain View or Livermore only to be turned away by a guard at the gate! P.S. Thanks to the people who have made the wiki page look nicer :-) On 4/17/07, David Hendricks < david.hendricks@gmail.com> wrote: > > I checked out a few wiki sites and pbwiki seems to be the easiest. > Everyone who wants to attend should feel free to log in to http://9fans.pbwiki.com/Bay-Area-9fans-Meeting > using the password "factotum" to add your name and suggest a time that's convenient. > > > On 4/16/07, Joel Franusic < joel@sargo.com> wrote: > > > > David, > > > > A sign-up Wiki (9fans.pbwiki.com is available!) and/or an event on > > Upcoming.org would be great! > > > > Semi-related: I just got word that the next SHDH will be in Los Gatos > > on May 5th. 2pm to 2am. > > > > On 4/16/07, David Hendricks < david.hendricks@gmail.com> wrote: > > > On Apr 12, 9:06 am, rminn...@gmail.com (ron minnich) wrote: > > > > On 4/11/07, Joel Franusic wrote: > > > > > > > > > > FWIW, I can reserve a conference room on Google's campus in Mountain > > > View if that's more convenient. A 20+ person room with video > > > conferencing should be easy. Catering service can be provided as well > > > if we plan carefully. > > > > > > Perhaps we should try to make a sign-up Wiki somewhere? > > > > > > > > If no meeting space can be found for a Plan 9 users group, might I > > > > > suggest attending SuperHappyDevHouse? It's an almost-monthly party > > for > > > > > "hackers and thinkers". An influx of Plan 9 hackers would be very > > > > > welcome :-) > > > > > > > > looks like fun, I am on travel the april 28 one but june 9 is a > > possibility. > > > > > > > > I have found I can get a free room at livermore library for a small > > > > number -- single digits -- of people. > > > > > > > > If we can't do better that might be a start. If we had a plan 9 .org > > I > > > > can rent a larger room as needed. > > > > > > > > ron > > > > > > >