From: jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 (NM2070, 10c8/0001)
Date: Sat,  8 Jan 2005 18:52:30 -0500	[thread overview]

Looking at the XFree86 code (which is is the only documentation
available, I believe), you see the 2070 is the odd man out, requiring
extra fiddling. I suspect that whoever did the original code thought
it wasn't worth the effort for what looks like the oldest chip
especially if there was no hardware on hand to test it on.

It's probably not hard to add, start with
.../xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/neomagic/neo_driver.c
and just step through it looking for the string "2070" and comparing
what's there to what's in /sys/src/cmd/aux/vga/neomagic.c and
/sys/src/9/pc/vganeomagic.c. It looks like you may have to alter
the latter of those for acceleration.

--jim