* [9fans] RIT 9fans?
@ 2006-08-10  3:03 John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2006-08-10  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi everybody

Are there any (other) 9fans at the Rochester Institute of Technology?
My C.S. instructor told me that one of the professors always talks
about it, but I don't know the name and I don't know if he's on this
list. Any other students, faculty here?

John
--
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" -- Shakespeare, Henry VI

* Re: [9fans] RIT 9fans?
@ 2006-08-10 13:50 ` Devon H. O'Dell
From: Devon H. O'Dell @ 2006-08-10 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2006/8/9, John Floren <slawmaster@gmail.com>:
> Hi everybody
>
> Are there any (other) 9fans at the Rochester Institute of Technology?
> My C.S. instructor told me that one of the professors always talks
> about it, but I don't know the name and I don't know if he's on this
> list. Any other students, faculty here?

I'm living in Dutchess county right now, so I'm still a good few hours
away. Maybe we should broaden the question to, ``Who is in NY?''

--Devon

@ 2006-08-10 14:35 ` Eric Van Hensbergen
From: Eric Van Hensbergen @ 2006-08-10 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 8/9/06, John Floren <slawmaster@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> Are there any (other) 9fans at the Rochester Institute of Technology?
> My C.S. instructor told me that one of the professors always talks
> about it, but I don't know the name and I don't know if he's on this
> list. Any other students, faculty here?

You may want to check in with Bob Krzaczek <krz@cis.rit.edu> over at
the Center for Imaging Science -- he used to be a Plan 9 user, you may
be able to spark some interest from him.  Not sure which C.S.
professor there would talk about Plan 9 (none of them did when I was
there, except for maybe Warren Carithers.

     -eric

* Re: [9fans] RIT 9fans?
@ 2006-08-10 17:49   ` Taj Khattra
From: Taj Khattra @ 2006-08-10 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> be able to spark some interest from him.  Not sure which C.S.
> professor there would talk about Plan 9 (none of them did when I was
> there, except for maybe Warren Carithers.

Axel-Tobias Schreiner?