* [9fans] qemu mouse
@ 2007-03-18 17:54 Eric Van Hensbergen
From: Eric Van Hensbergen @ 2007-03-18 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On my laptop I have a Plan 9 partition and Linux partition.  When I
boot the Plan9 partition natively, everything is fine.  When I try to
boot the Plan9 partition from within qemu a few things mess up, but
the one I can't seem to fix is the mouse.  The mouse goes all crazy,
jumping around and eventually banishing itself offscreen.  I've tried
all sorts of variations of commands sent to mousectl, but none of them
seem to fix it.  I don't remembering having this problem when I boot
Plan 9 images installed within qemu.  Anybody else run into this or
have any  ideas on how to fix?

            -eric

* Re: [9fans] qemu mouse
@ 2007-03-19 18:01 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2007-03-19 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 3/18/07, Eric Van Hensbergen <ericvh@gmail.com> wrote:
> On my laptop I have a Plan 9 partition and Linux partition.  When I
> boot the Plan9 partition natively, everything is fine.  When I try to
> boot the Plan9 partition from within qemu a few things mess up, but
> the one I can't seem to fix is the mouse.  The mouse goes all crazy,
> jumping around and eventually banishing itself offscreen.  I've tried
> all sorts of variations of commands sent to mousectl, but none of them
> seem to fix it.  I don't remembering having this problem when I boot
> Plan 9 images installed within qemu.  Anybody else run into this or
> have any  ideas on how to fix?

you probably need to set mouseport=ps2
instead of mouseport=ps2intellimouse in plan9.ini.
or something like that -- plan 9 and qemu certainly
disagree about what the protocol is.

russ

* Re: [9fans] qemu mouse
@ 2007-03-20 16:09   ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2007-03-20 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> the one I can't seem to fix is the mouse.  The mouse goes all crazy,
> jumping around and eventually banishing itself offscreen.  I've tried
> all sorts of variations of commands sent to mousectl, but none of them

i've seen that effect recently with a ps/2 mouse under plan 9 proper.
i haven't narrowed it down.

* Re: [9fans] qemu mouse
@ 2007-03-20 17:54   ` Eric Van Hensbergen
From: Eric Van Hensbergen @ 2007-03-20 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 3/19/07, Russ Cox <rsc@swtch.com> wrote:

> you probably need to set mouseport=ps2
> instead of mouseport=ps2intellimouse in plan9.ini.
> or something like that -- plan 9 and qemu certainly
> disagree about what the protocol is.

mouseport is ps2, I'll try and free up some cycles to dig into it this
week and see if I can figure out what's going on.

        -eric