From: "Eric Van Hensbergen" <ericvh@gmail.com>
To: weigelt@metux.de,
	"Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@9fans.net>
Cc: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] xen -> direct 9p channel
Date: Wed,  7 May 2008 09:22:55 -0500	[thread overview]

This was done in the context of an internal IBM project with a now
ancient version of Xen.  There was some share memory support added to
Inferno so it could act as a server.  Until recently these were
available in my home machine's Inferno repository.  A system reinstall
later and those public repositories are gone, but I should still have
the code in my IBM repositories.

However -- the better approach here would be to use virtio, but I'm
not what the current Xen stance is on virtio.  All that being said,
you'd probably be better off looking at KVM or lguest versus Xen for
Plan 9 hosting (which support virtio).

          -eric