* [9fans] Plan 9 history question
@ 2008-10-12 22:28 Venkatesh Srinivas
From: Venkatesh Srinivas @ 2008-10-12 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

A history question for some Plan 9 people - was any of the Plan 9 or
Inferno work done at the Holmdel Bell Labs site? Or was it all at Murray Hill?

Thanks,
--vs

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 history question
@ 2008-10-13 11:41 ` a
From: a @ 2008-10-13 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The Inferno Business Unit had a very small group down at
Holmdel, about 5 people. They were part of the "applications
group". I believe they worked on some of the applications
specific to the screenphone-type devices we were running
on, as well as the pre-Charon web browser.

I can't say about Plan 9. I believe some of the work involved
in packaging and shipping 2e was done down there, but that
came from one conversation with a guy in Red Bank with a
Plan 9 poster in his office.
Anthony

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 history question
@ 2008-10-13 14:42 ` Rob Pike
From: Rob Pike @ 2008-10-13 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

All the Plan 9 work was done in Murray Hill.

-rob

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 history question
@ 2008-10-13 17:29   ` vhaas
From: vhaas @ 2008-10-13 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> All the Plan 9 work was done in Murray Hill.
>
> -rob

And Holmdel is a (literal) ghost town. I doubt even the birds have survived inside.

-- Mark H
.