Also, for me that 5x7 font is already almost illegible... On 23/03/2008, Rudolf Sykora wrote: > > Well, what you are saying is usually true (that line lengths should > usually not be too long). I mentioned the lp configuration file as an > example (a particular one, thought, since there it was that I encountered > the problem). Nonetheless, even if I had only a reasonable number of fields > (say 5) and I had the field names (string comments) above the real > field values, it could easily happen the lines would be wrapped if my window weren't big enough. The > same happens even when viewing an ordinary program code, if the window is > not large enough. Adjusting the window size or font size > is one way to go, however, why should I be forced to do it, when it's by no > way neccessary, had I the option to not wrap... All I want to see are the > beginings of lines and should I decide to edit a particular line I had no > problem moving to it and edit it. > > Another, even more compelling example is, when you want to look at some > scientific data from some experiment. There it is quite common to have rows > of data, each row having say 20 real > numbers, each row meaning one 'step' of the experiment. With acme or sam, > with/without your solution, you have no simple way of looking at it. Using > Vim, it's an easy task, you can turn the wrapping off... > > Ruda > > On 23/03/2008, erik quanstrom wrote: > > > > > Thanks for the answer, although it did not please me... :( > > > (In Vim, you only have to do :set nowrap and you are done... From time > > to > > > time I find this rather useful.) > > > Ruda > > > > > > it's unreasonable for the lp configuration file to need lines 200 > > characters long. > > i would think it would make more sense to talk about addressing lp's > > unreasonable > > requirments rather than complaining about acme's lack of features. > > > > > > - erik > > > > > > >