Hi, Well, vim@plan9 could definitely be a choice. But, doesn't it go against the basic philosophy of Plan9 creators??! Sam, as far as I know, was created with orthogonality and simplicity in mind (as well as whole Plan9). It only added a few commands compared to ed. Just what is truly needed. Vim is highly configurable, any instance of it behaves slightly differently, and it has incomparably higher complexity, which makes it, some would say (read E. S. Raymond's Art of unix) awful. We parhaps really don't need that. But nowadays, you don't have a choice: neither sam nor acme can be used. Ruda On 25/03/2008, Hongzheng Wang wrote: > > On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Rudolf Sykora > wrote: > > I understand that a speadsheet would solve the situation, but... > > Vim has always been sufficient for the task I described, having that one > > particular feature. > > If acme were able of the same, it would suffice me as well... > > > > Ruda > > > > > Then vim@plan9 may be a good choice for your problem :-) > > >