From: "Rudolf Sykora" <rudolf.sykora@gmail.com>
To: "Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] printing fom plan9 to OKI5900dn
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 20:43:46 +0200	[thread overview]

On 16/05/2008, lawler.jack@gmail.com <lawler.jack@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you can pattern your entry on the one for vogon in
> /sys/lib/lp/devices.
> I think your entry would be:
>
> oki next_door 192.113.32.182 oki5900dn - post+600dpi generic lpdspool lpd
> - - FIFO

thanks, but doesn't help... :(
(to be honest, your line seems to me to be even further from what I would
expect to be correct than mine is :) -- but I may be completely wrong.
What's the reason to mention oki5900dn in the line? At that place the
address of the printer should be, which you shifted one field to the left
and even removed the port. Moreover, you propose the system from which the
files should be printed (3rd field) is the printer itself, opposed to my
line, where it is my own computer...)
R.