2008/10/10 erik quanstrom > > How difficult would it be to add something similar to ^t^tr that would > just > > killed rio? > > how about just fixing the bug? > > - erik Well, sure. But somehow (don't know exactly how) sth. similar happened to me lately -- i.e. I ended with not responding rio. And was just thinking: if I could just kill it... and could not, not having an available shell. Could not even stop the machine properly (not everybody can have several dedicated machines, one for a file server, one for a terminal...). I even 'lost' some of my data then, probably for having to press that ^t^tr and not stop the filesystem -- one of my files just had a zero lenght after the reboot. To some it up: I just always feel better when having some possibility to get to some shell somehow and enter commands... (true, had I set up the files allowing me to log in from a remote machine, it could have been some solution then; but this also is not always on hand) Ruda