* [9fans] limiting 'history' in a rio window
@ 2009-05-28 13:22 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2009-05-28 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

when a rio window with 'rc' running inside is used for entering
commands it happens, after some time, that the amount of text is
excessively high. If the text in the window could be edited (I mean
not manually), then from time to time I could run some program that
would leave only the last say 100 lines in the window. But it seems it
can't be, and I even don't know why...

What can be done, why can't the file be edited?
(so far I create a new window with 'window -m' and close the old one;
which isn't that nice)

Thanks
Ruda

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-05-28 13:22 UTC | newest]