* [9fans] grap problem
@ 2009-12-19 17:07 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2009-12-19 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello everybody,

I've been surprised by the behaviour of grap acting on e.g. this source

.G1
coord  y 1,3
2
3
4
.G2

I expected the point 4 is not to be drawn.
But I see the point drawn outside the frame... which is not what I want...
(I want the data outside the limits to be ignored...)
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for help!
Ruda

* Re: [9fans] grap problem
@ 2009-12-20  5:41 ` Lyndon Nerenberg (VE6BBM/VE7TFX)
From: Lyndon Nerenberg (VE6BBM/VE7TFX) @ 2009-12-20  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> (I want the data outside the limits to be ignored...)
> What am I doing wrong?

Not filtering your input data?  grap's only intent is to typeset the
data you feed it.  'coord' sets the ranges for the graph scales.  It
doesn't filter the data -- that's your job.  (As a typesetting design
device I might want to plot data points outside the graph axis limits
-- grap rightly doesn't prevent me from doing that.)

* Re: [9fans] grap problem
@ 2009-12-20 17:20   ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2009-12-20 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs