* [9fans] save a link in abaco
@ 2010-02-04 17:45 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2010-02-04 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

if I have a link to a file in abaco, how do I save the file?
I noticed that a middle-button click copies the file URL to the bottom
of the abaco window, but my attempt to write hget in front of it and
middle-button sweep over it didn't work.

Also, is there any quick way of opening a link in a new window?

Thanks
Ruda

* Re: [9fans] save a link in abaco
@ 2010-02-07 18:00 ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2010-02-07 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

it seems to me that it is nearly impossible to snarf a longer text
from abaco. As if the pertaining buffer was really small.
Is it only I noticing this behaviour? Also I am having problems with
marking the text in abaco from time to time...

Thanks
Ruda

On 4 February 2010 18:45, Rudolf Sykora <rudolf.sykora@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> if I have a link to a file in abaco, how do I save the file?
> I noticed that a middle-button click copies the file URL to the bottom
> of the abaco window, but my attempt to write hget in front of it and
> middle-button sweep over it didn't work.
>
> Also, is there any quick way of opening a link in a new window?
>
> Thanks
> Ruda

* Re: [9fans] save a link in abaco
@ 2010-02-07 18:09   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-02-07 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> it seems to me that it is nearly impossible to snarf a longer text
> from abaco. As if the pertaining buffer was really small.
> Is it only I noticing this behaviour? Also I am having problems with
> marking the text in abaco from time to time...

exactly.  the html entities are generally very small.
if you find a big <pre> formatted section, you'll
notice you can snarf the whole thing.  the problem
is spanning entities.

the structure of libhtml makes the problem complicated
to solve.

searching can't work for similar reasons.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] save a link in abaco
@ 2010-02-07 18:24     ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2010-02-07 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 7 February 2010 19:09, erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net> wrote:
>> it seems to me that it is nearly impossible to snarf a longer text
>> from abaco. As if the pertaining buffer was really small.
>> Is it only I noticing this behaviour? Also I am having problems with
>> marking the text in abaco from time to time...
>
> exactly.  the html entities are generally very small.
> if you find a big <pre> formatted section, you'll
> notice you can snarf the whole thing.  the problem
> is spanning entities.
>
> the structure of libhtml makes the problem complicated
> to solve.
>
> searching can't work for similar reasons.
>
> - erik

Ok. Thanks. That's a pity...