On 2 March 2010 21:07, erik quanstrom wrote: >> I tried 9atom and got much further, but again hit something... >> Everything goes well until about 50 % in the 'copydist' installation >> task. Then I start getting messages caught in the attached pictures... >> Finally I get the prompt saying 'Task to do [copydist]:' >> Can anybody tell what's going on now? > > this is my fault.  fortuantely these messages should be > harmless. > > the problem is that i put some impossible permissions on the cd. > and replica is warning that it can't replicate these permissions. > > let me know if things really don't work. > > - erik > Ok. So those errors are also only warnings? (there were two types of messages, one starting with 'warning', other with 'error') Anyway, after running 'copydist' for the first time the installation program promted, as I said, 'copydist' again. I hit enter, then after it has finished (it actually as if tries to do the same as it did for the first time; producing the same or at least very similar messages) it offers to configure the boot loader, then finish. After reboot I saw what is attached as a picture. :( When I rebooted again, it didn't stop, spat a lot other error messages and now I am getting trillion messages as depicted in the second picture... Endless today :) Any suggestion now? Thanks for help! R