On 2 March 2010 22:19, erik quanstrom wrote: > i'd guess the vlong divide-by-zero is caused by a > sector size of 0 somewhere in the kernel. but > that's a wild guess.  hard to grep for that easily. > try unplugging your cdrom. > > boot the cd.  use it to edit your plan9.ini. > set "*nodumpstack=0".  set "*idemaxio=64". > you might also consider either turning on ahci > mode in bios, or setting "*sdXXdma=on". > where XX is your drive letter. > > - erik I tried a few things but still no victory. Btw. Before installation I had to manually 'randomize' my disk otherwise the installation program would claim there are some tasks already done (e.g. when 1st trying to use only fossil and then restarting the installation and wanting venti as well, it was somehow satisfied with the previous partition division, though there was not arenas...). Anyway, I could install the system and boot, but after a short time (say 20 s) I get a lot of messages and the system freezes. I am sending a picture depicting this. I really don't understand what's wrong... Is it ok to use an old installation (which, if I remember, worked for me) disk and then simply run pull? Do I get the same system then as with the new installation disk? Thanks Ruda