* [9fans] usb serial
@ 2013-03-21 14:37 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-03-21 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

; usb/probe
ep12.0 255 csp 0x0000ff vid 0x067b did 0x2303 '' '' ohci

i've got a new arm box, and i'm having some trouble with the
serial.  occasionally i can connect to the box, but generally
i can't connect, and when i do connect the connection gets
easily wedged.  i just killed off all the usb/serial processes, and
started usb/serial again and hitting the end of a no-scroll screen
was enough to upset the serial.  killing and restarting usbd was
enough to get things going again.

typing doesn't work at all.

before i go charging off learning about the prolific serial,
has anyone gone a round or two with this type of hardware?
any clues on what i should be looking for?

- erik

* Re: [9fans] usb serial
@ 2013-03-21 16:04 ` Gorka Guardiola
From: Gorka Guardiola @ 2013-03-21 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> typing doesn't work at all.
>
> before i go charging off learning about the prolific serial,
> has anyone gone a round or two with this type of hardware?
> any clues on what i should be looking for?

I have one which I used to write the code and used as my sole console to the machine I was debugging for everyday like 3 months. Then I got a new one and I stopped using it. Some weeks ago Jeff complained about it and Richard and I concurrently found a bug in it. I tested it very lightly and it seemed to work. I think that because noone is using it daily changes are not tested in it.

Are you using the version from sources? I'll get out my dongle and test it again (no pun intended).

G.

* Re: [9fans] usb serial
@ 2013-03-21 16:31   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-03-21 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I have one which I used to write the code and used as my sole console
> to the machine I was debugging for everyday like 3 months.  Then I got
> a new one and I stopped using it.  Some weeks ago Jeff complained
> about it and Richard and I concurrently found a bug in it.  I tested
> it very lightly and it seemed to work.  I think that because noone is
> using it daily changes are not tested in it.
>
> Are you using the version from sources?  I'll get out my dongle and
> test it again (no pun intended).

thanks for reply!  i am using the version from sources.

- erik