From: Sape Mullender <sape@plan9.bell-labs.com>
From: sape@plan9.bell-labs.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] ACME and find text
Date: Sun,  7 Sep 2003 13:30:24 -0400	[thread overview]

> today I play with acme and have a simple problem which I cant solve
> after reading the acme docs. How can I search a string in a file
> under acme like /foo under sam does?

Type the string you want to look for in the title bar, then select
it with the right button.  If it's a single word you can just click
on it with the right button.

In acme, the left button selects, the middle button executes and
the right button searches or opens.  If you want to look for a string
that's also a file name and you right-select, you'll open the file instead
of looking for the string.  In that case, you can execute (middle button!)
	Look string
That's why the word Look is already printed in most title bars.

If you need to search for a regular expression, or a line number,
type
	:/string
or
	:number
in the title bar and select with the right button.  (This is a special
case of right clicking on
	filename:linennumber
as in error messages from the compiler.

	Sape