* [9fans] Definitinon list of the # filesystems
@ 2021-01-22  6:47 dlm-9fans
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: dlm-9fans @ 2021-01-22  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Is there a relatively concise list of the # filesystems (#s, #|, etc)
and what each of them is/contains hiding somewhere?  I've been poking
around for one and not having much luck.  I suppose one could be
derived by grepping through man3, but that doesn't seem to give a
complete list (I only get 10 hits, and I know there are more than ten
shades of #).

Thanks.

Dworkin

* Re: [9fans] Definitinon list of the # filesystems
@ 2021-01-22  6:51 ` Don Bailey
From: Don Bailey @ 2021-01-22  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Grep the source code not the man pages :>

@ 2021-01-22  7:09 ` ori
From: ori @ 2021-01-22  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Quoth dlm-9fans@weaselfish.com:
> Is there a relatively concise list of the # filesystems (#s, #|, etc)
> and what each of them is/contains hiding somewhere?  I've been poking
> around for one and not having much luck.  I suppose one could be
> derived by grepping through man3, but that doesn't seem to give a
> complete list (I only get 10 hits, and I know there are more than ten
> shades of #).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dworkin

cat /dev/drivers

* Re: [9fans] Definitinon list of the # filesystems
@ 2021-01-22  7:10   ` Dworkin Muller
From: Dworkin Muller @ 2021-01-22  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 23:51:24 -0700, Don Bailey <don.bailey@gmail.com> wrote:
don.bailey> Grep the source code not the man pages :>

Well, yes, but I was hoping for something a little less tedious than
wading through 137,124 hits for `#'.  Removing `#include' admittedly
brings that down to 109,636, but that's still a bit on the heavy side.

@ 2021-01-22  7:12     ` Don Bailey
       [not found]       ` <20210122.002319.1458799558913362257.dworkin@weaselfish.com>
From: Don Bailey @ 2021-01-22  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Trust the process. Grep the src. Also don't trust /dev/drivers because it
only includes compiled in things, not things that are available in the
tree.

@ 2021-01-22  7:44         ` Don Bailey
From: Don Bailey @ 2021-01-22  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dworkin Muller; +Cc: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Grep the kernel tree for 'devtab'. Each device has a character and its name
listed in the devtab definition. Pretty easy.

@ 2021-01-22  8:47     ` Bakul Shah
From: Bakul Shah @ 2021-01-22  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Jan 21, 2021, at 11:10 PM, Dworkin Muller <dlm-9fans@weaselfish.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 23:51:24 -0700, Don Bailey <don.bailey@gmail.com> wrote:
> don.bailey> Grep the source code not the man pages :>
>
> Well, yes, but I was hoping for something a little less tedious than
> wading through 137,124 hits for `#'.  Removing `#include' admittedly
> brings that down to 109,636, but that's still a bit on the heavy side.

Try something like this:

cd /sys/src/9
awk '/^Dev /,/,/'  */*.c

* Re: [9fans] Definitinon list of the # filesystems
@ 2021-01-22 10:31 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2021-01-22 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Is there a relatively concise list of the # filesystems (#s, #|, etc)

/sys/src/9/port/master

* Re: [9fans] Definitinon list of the # filesystems
@ 2021-01-22 10:43   ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2021-01-22 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> /sys/src/9/port/master

If it's not there on your system, use /sys/src/9/port/mkfile to generate it.